Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Exciting Trip Home from Utah

As you can see from the pictures below, we had a bit of fun on the way home from our vacation in Utah. About 20 minutes outside of Cody, a deer came out of no where and Amy had no time to swerve or even slow down, so she hit it at 70mph! It threw the deer about 100ft from the point of impact, and didn't do our van much good either. Amy did a great job of keeping the van under control and pulling off the side of the road safely. She didn't lose control until she got out of the van and saw the damage, and realized what could have happened. We feel really blessed that none of us were hurt. Even with all of the damage, we were still able to drive home and hopefully the insurance will take care of the rest. Apparently you are not a "real" Wyomingite until you hit a deer, so I guess we are true Wyomingites now:)


8 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

WOw - I'm grateful you are safe. WTG Amy for keeping the van under control.

Nate and Hilary said...

I'm so sorry that happened. We've not been broken in yet, but I'm ok with that!

Burton Family said...

Wow! I am so glad to hear that you are all safe. I am very impressed that Amy did such a great job handling the situation. It is great to be able to keep in touch through this blog stuff! It is too bad that we couldn't recruit anyone else from ol' Butte High to go along with it! Take care-stay away from the deer!
Cristy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry that happened! I hit a deer, late at night, driving from Laramie down to Fort Collins one year. Actually it kind of jumped into my headlights. It's kinda scary! I'm glad everyone is okay!!!!

Cleverly Triple said...

glad you guys are ok! that's definitely a story to be re-told over and over again. eww...gross blood on the 2nd pic. :) ha ha.

Jaci Moore said...

I can't believe you guys hit a deer! It looks so bad. I'll bet that kept you awake the last little stretch getting home! I love that picture of Tanner and Asher it's so cute of them.

thehalvs said...

Sends a shiver down my spine. I had a pretty bad accident in our Suburban a couple of years ago. So glad you are all okay-

Jaci Moore said...

hey Mikez! I just have a song real quick to sing you. You are my brother, best friends forever....and I cant remember the rest of it, dang it! I still think we should sing it at the reunion.